Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Wedding Cake

Lately, it seems like my life is revolving around planning for our wedding next April. I spend countless hours obsessing over things like table centerpieces, flower colors, and songs to dance to. Don't get me wrong, I have truly enjoyed our planning and it has been so much fun, but it is a lot of work especially for someone like me who wants everything perfect! 
Something that has been on my mind a lot lately is my wedding cake. I know I want the flavor to be Red Velvet with cream cheese filling, but I'm still undecided on the design of the cake. We recently found a baker who is perfect for us! She works out of her home and her style is exactly what we were looking for. We have a few ideas of what types of cakes we like and I wanted to share them with you!



This is a classic cake that is simple, yet elegant. I love the idea of flowers as the topper. We know that we want a round four tier cake, but this may be a little to plain for us.



This cake is so beautiful! We want our cake to look classy and not have too much going on. The ribbon on this adds a little something of color to complete the look. A brooch would look great on the center of the ribbon also!



I absolutely love the details on this cake! The champagne colored fondant with gold and ivory accents looks amazing! If I decide to have a cake in anything other than white, this would definitely be the color.


All images are from Pinterest


6 comments:

  1. I didn't know you and Mac wanted Red Velvet too!! Love all of your pins, you can't go wrong with any of them! They are all so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! We are so unsure of how we want the design! We wanted a vanilla cake with cream cheese filling and fresh strawberries, but our baker doesn't offer that, so red velvet was our second choice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the comment, love your blog! And those cakes are too cute, personally I love the gold but they're all beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooh i love looking at wedding cakes! Are you on pinterest?? there are AMAZING cake ideas on there...this is one of my favorites: http://pinterest.com/pin/202802789439536855/ i loove all the different textures and that its all white

    ReplyDelete
  5. erg, just noticed at the bottom you said all images were from pinterest- doh. so i guess you are on there ! my b.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mmm I love red velvet cake! good choice :)

    I think my favorite cake from those 3 is the second one! I love the lace detail and the bow. So pretty.

    -Mar

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear from you! :)